Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Marilyn


Waaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2006, BTD updated the design for All About Art, An Essential Guide to Art History as well as a variation entitled Art, A Brief History. Today, while at the CAA (as an author! signing copies of Layout Essentials!), I saw that there's an UPDATED updated edition. Better yet, I saw Marilyn Stokstad herself and introduced myself. Her publisher, Pearson, had some cute promos for the book, one of which was a birthday cookie which says, "Happy Birthday, Marilyn." That's Stokstad, not Monroe. And yes, I wished Marilyn a Happy Birthday.




PS: I amused myself by signing Layout Essentials/100 Design Principles for Using Grids with the phrase, "All grid wishes" and my name.

1 comment:

Suzanne Dell'Orto said...

How super exciting...a book signing! And your Layout Essentials book really is an essential in my classroom.

Ironically, that around that same time BTD designed Janson's History of Art, which featured Warhol's Marilyn on the cover...a whole lot of artsy Marilyns!